LOCAL MISSION OPPORTUNITIES
Valley Brook is actively engaged in local mission work as a church and as part of the Urban Alliance network.
Urban Alliance initiatives are coordinated, long-term collaborations to increase the impact of local programs and services that are helping people achieve lasting change in their lives.
Opportunities for YOU to make an impact through Urban Alliance's volunteer program UAServe include:
Revitalize helps people move towards optimal physical health by collaboratively increasing the impact of local health services.
• Health screening volunteers (medical professionals)
• Screening intake volunteers
• Spanish translators for health screenings
• Community Health Outreach Day
Next Generation helps children and youth achieve academic success, develop character and be supported through healthy relationships by collaboratively increasing the impact of local in- and out-of-school programs.
• After-school program volunteers
• In-school tutors/mentors
Thrive helps young children become socially, emotionally and academically prepared for kindergarten by collaboratively increasing the impact of local family-based programs
• Activity leaders
• Childcare workers
• Licensed counselors
• Meal assistants
• Playground associates
• Pregnancy crisis program assistants
• Teaching team professionals
• Registered nurses for pregnancy crisis center
Beyond the Basics helps people gain stability in their lives by collaboratively increasing the impact of local food, clothing and housing services.
• Bike repairers
• Clothing distribution volunteers
• Food pantry volunteers
• Community meal volunteers
• House maintenance volunteers
• Worship artists/musicians
• Spanish translators
• Prayer volunteers