Tuesday, May 26 | 7:00PM
Attend Online Annual Meeting:
- Registration is required which means after you click on the meeting link (below) you will be required to enter your name and email. You can register ahead of time if you prefer.
- You will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- You will have listen-only access; but, you will be able to view the screens that we share as the meeting hosts and presenters.
- You will have the ability to ask questions via the chat box or by selecting the "raise hand" feature so that a host can give you audio access to voice your question.
- You will have the ability to vote electronically using a Zoom feature called "polling"; we will be voting on the confirmation of elders and on the proposed FY20-21 operating budget.
The annual, congregational meeting is a time to remember God’s faithfulness over the past year and prayerfully plan for the upcoming year.
Whether you're a Valley Brook member or an attender you're invited to attend and participate in the meeting, with one exception, only members may make motions and cast votes.
During this meeting we'll:
- Review and celebrate how we have fulfilled God’s vision for Valley Brook
- Vote on the nomination* of Harrison Daniels to the Valley Brook Elder Board
- Vote on the re-election* of Bob Smith to the Valley Brook Elder Board for another term
- Vote on the Valley Brook Operating Budget for the 6/1/20-5/31/21 fiscal year
Elder Nomination Q&A
Sunday, May 17 | 12:30 PM
We encourage you to participate so you can get to know Harrison Daniels and Bob Smith and ask any questions that you may have. Prior to the Q&A, please take a minute to read more about Harrison and Bob below.
Elder Nomination: Harrison Daniels
The Elder Board has unanimously nominated Harrison Daniels to serve as an Elder at Valley Brook.
Harrison has attended Valley Brook since moving to Connecticut in 2016. He has been involved in the following capacities since then:
- Young Adult Ministry Leader- Harrison has co-led the young adult group at Valley Brook for 3+ years, planning discipleship and community events for 18-30 year olds.
- Life Group Leader - Harrison leads a young adult Bible study as one of Valley Brook’s Life Groups.
- Lawn Care Team- Each summer Harrison volunteers with lawn mowing/trimming.
- Men’s Ministry - Harrison actively participates in Men’s Ministry meetings and events.
- Past Involvement - In the past, Harrison has also been a Collide leader for high school boys and led a Financial Peace University class.
Harrison and his wife Casey will have been joyfully married for four years this summer. Harrison works as an Innovation Catalyst at Otis Elevator Company, helping design future elevator experiences. Harrison volunteers with Urban Alliance to build websites for local ministries and has also volunteered at the World Vision distribution center and with Hartford Project. Harrison loves running, hiking, reading, and playing strategy board games with friends.
Elder Nomination: Bob Smith
The Elder Board has unanimously nominated Robert (Bob) Smith to serve as an Elder at Valley Brook. Bob has attended and humbly served at Valley Brook since inception in the following capacities:
- Elder– this will be Bob’s third term as an Elder.
- Life Group leader– Bob has led or co-led an inter-town life group for several years
- New Commandment Men’s Ministry– Bob has led a team of men serving the widows and single mothers of our church and community.
- Worship team – Bob was on the Worship Team since the inception of Valley Brook, stepping down after 18 years. Participation included Sunday morning worship and other events (baptisms, interdenominational functions, and non-Sunday services, etc.)
- Men’s Ministries– Bob is active with the Men’s ministry activities, attending events when able to.
- Outreach– Bob was the Evangelism and Outreach leader for several years and was on the Valley Brook Leadership Team in this role. Bob also led a VBCC team to Long Island to assist emergency relief efforts from Hurricane Sandy. Bob enjoys serving others, helping with the Live Nativity, the Easter egg ‘hunt’, many property “clean-ups”, etc.
- Missions– With his small group, Bob serves at a Hartford shelter (South Park Inn) at least once per quarter. Bob also went to Costa Rica on a Valley Brook mission’s trip in 2019.
Bob is a Wealth Management Representative with Morgan Stanley. Bob and his wonderful wife Laurie have been married 35 years this fall. They have 3 adult children – Philip 32, Greg 30, and Rebecca 28. Bob has also served as Chairman of the Board of Parks & Recreation, Granby; Board member of the Greater Hartford Arts Council; Youth coach for baseball, soccer & basketball; middle school youth leader – South Church, Granby; Sunday school teacher – South Church, Granby. Bob enjoys music, golf, playing guitar, and spending time with his family