Services at our North Granby campus: On Sundays, beginning June 28, we will re-gather at the Valley Brook campus for our 9:15 & 11:00 AM services!
After several weeks of continued prayer, conversation, and planning, our staff and leaders have created a process that meets the four areas we identified and communicated as critical to re-gathering in our building: safety, compliance, inclusion, unity.
Church Online: If for any reason you are unable to join us for service at the campus, you will still be able to watch online, chat live, request prayer, and connect and engage with our online hosts and attenders on Sunday morning!
So, what can you expect on Sunday mornings?
Steps We’re Asking You to Take:
- Make a Reservation: To help us best plan and stay within the gathering limits set by the State of Connecticut, we’re asking everyone to complete a brief, online reservation (email and number of people attending with you). Find a link to make your reservation here.
- Wear Mask: For the well being of everyone, and in accordance with state guidelines, we are requiring you to wear a mask.
- Practice Social Distance & General Health Guidelines: Please stay home if you are sick; maintain social distances (love one another from 6’ apart), wash hands frequently.
- Traffic Flow: We’re asking everyone to enter the building through the doors marked “Main Entrance” and exit the building through the doors marked “West Entrance”.
- Children & Students: We will ask you to keep your children with you during service; for now, Children’s Ministry and Student Ministries will not be providing Sunday programs or classes.
- Exit Building After Service: For capacity and general health issues we will ask you to exit the building immediately after service ends. We will not be hosting fellowship time after service. You are welcome to enjoy the church grounds at your leisure.
The Steps We’re Taking:
- Sanitizing Stations: Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and exit.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Our Facilities team will clean and disinfect all hard-touched surfaces (e.g. doorknobs, bathrooms), chairs, and high contact areas after each service.
- Increased Signage: We will have clear directional signage and guidelines posted throughout the building.
- Fellowship Hall Seating: We have removed some of the chairs and reconfigured remaining seating to ensure everyone can practice social distancing. We will ask everyone to wait to be seated by our Usher Team.
- Create a “Touch-less” Service: For the time being, pens, welcome cards, and bulletins will be removed from the services. You can access sermon notes, welcome cards, and more online.
*Please download our Valley Brook App from the App Store or text VALLEYBROOK APP to 77977 so you can connect and engage with us online!
- Pre-package Communion: On communion Sundays, we will not serve you communion. Instead, pre-packaged communion elements will be available for you to pick up before service to reduce contact.
- No Post Service Fellowship: For now, we will not serve coffee or host fellowship time after services so we can best follow social distancing and general health and hygiene guidelines.
- Limited Building Access: The Children’s Ministry wing, the Venue, and the office area will be closed for cleaning and building capacity purposes. The Café will be open for allowable overflow seating if needed as determined by our Usher and staff teams.
- Regular Review: We will regularly review our re-gathering plan and update as needed to ensure our plan continues to meet our four focus areas and state regulations and guidelines.
We look forward to seeing you whether in person or online! Thank you for your prayers, support, and patience as we continue to follow God’s leading, especially during this season. Thank you for being the church! If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]
Pastor Clark Pfaff & Pastor Dan Heermance
We want to focus on how we can specifically help others in our community during this coronavirus outbreak.
We've created a special page on our website where you can submit a form and let us know if:
- you need specific help
- you can volunteer to help others in need
- you would like our team to pray with you
Your families will continue to be in our prayers as we navigate these circumstances together. Our hope is to keep your kids engaged and provide ways for them to grow spiritually.
We’ve created a library of morning and evening videos for your kids — Morning Time with God and Bedtime Stories with Mrs. Heermance.
- Daily Videos: Watch here
We're also sharing age-appropriate videos on Sunday mornings so kids can experience Sunday School online! The video services include worship, a message, interactive elements, discussion time, and more!
- Sunday School Videos: Watch here
Right Now Media provides great shows and online curriculum for your kids which we highly encourage you to utilize. It’s super easy to register and is a great way for kids to grow close to God and learn online along with the rest of your family! We provide anyone who calls Valley Brook home free access to this service.
- To register for Right Now Media: email [email protected]
- To login to your existing Right Now Media account: click here
Email Diane Heermance, [email protected]k.cc
Parents, we encourage you in this time to take advantage of the opportunity to study God's word with your students. Here are some apps that students can use to help study God's word and potentially do Bible study discussion with other students/leaders.
We're also posting on our student social channels:
Email David Siler, [email protected]
Life Groups Have Moved Online!
You don’t have to walk through this season alone. Join a Life Group online.
- Group List: Find and sign up for a group here