May 21 Update
Governor Lamont announced this week that effective May 19 the State of Connecticut sector rules for reopening have been lifted, with certain exceptions to mask-wearing. So we are sharing what the new guidelines will look like for in-person services, gatherings and events at Valley Brook moving forward.
First, know that our commitment to focus on the following four areas as we gather in-person is unchanged. We shared these guiding principals last May when making plans to resume in-person worship:
- Safety – The first and most important focus is the health and well-being of our attenders, volunteers, and staff.
- Compliance – We will follow both state and federal guidelines.
- Inclusion – We want to regather in a way that considers and serves all people groups including at-risk groups and children.
- Unity – We want to partner with other churches in our region to regather in a way that supports and unifies the greater body of Christ.
We are relaxing our mask-wearing policies to align with the guidelines issued this week by the State of Connecticut (https://portal.ct.gov/DECD/Content/Coronavirus-Business-Recovery/Sector-Rules-for-Reopen).
- Masks are not necessary. We fully support anyone that feels more comfortable wearing one.
- Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear a mask.
- Unvaccinated individuals are encouraged to continue to wear a mask per Connecticut guidelines.
Let's continue to work together to care for and love one another well, it’s core to our Valley Brook vision!
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU!
We have resources and people who can volunteer to help serve those in our communities who have been affected by the Coronavirus and need a hand.
We've created a special page on our website where you can submit a form and let us know if:
- you need specific help
- you can volunteer to help others in need
- you would like our team to pray with you