Current Sermon Series
Sunday Mornings | 9:15 & 11:00AM
A parable is“a short, allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.” (dictionary.com) Jesus often times used these short stories to teach people. Sometimes the parable opened people’s eyes to the profound truth of God. Other times the parable was symbolic and challenged people to go deeper in their faith to understand more truths about God. But with every parable, Jesus wanted the people to live out the reality of what they learned.
This summer we’ll be studying some of the parables that Jesus used so we can discover and live out their truths in our lives.
- July 7 | The Parable of the Talents
- July 14 | The Parable of the Lost Sheep
- July 21 | The Parable of the Sower
- July 28 | The Parable of the Good Samaritan
- August 4 | The Parable of the Shrewd Manager
- August 11 | The Parable of the Ten Virgins
- August 18 | The Parable of the Persistent Widow
- August 25 | The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders
- September 1 | The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
YouVerison Bible App (www.bible.com)
Free Bible for your phone, tablet and computer. Download the Bible App and access Scripture, your bookmarks, notes, and reading plans from anywhere. On Sunday mornings, search YouVersion events for our services to access sermon notes, Scripture references, announcements and more.
Right Now Media
An online library of thousand of video Bible studies that you can access on your phone, iPad, computer, or TV. RightNow Media provides resources for everyone—kids, youth, parents, married couples, college students, single adults, working professionals—all aimed at helping you grow. Free for all Valley Brook attenders. Request a user account here.
Sampling of some of our worship favorites.